To foster young, creative business talents in international trade and industry, the Scholarship Fund for Swedish Youth Abroad has granted the Swedish Chamber of Commerce Taipei funding for an internship also during 2023-2024.
As an intern you will be an important part of the team at the Chamber and contribute to the everyday operations of the entire organisation. The internship lasts between June 1st 2023 and May 31st 2024, and includes both department-specific duties as well as supporting the office with administrative tasks.
What we offer
- An active role in the Chamber’s work on a strategic and operational level
- Opportunity to spend time in our member companies
- Ownership of the Young Professionals platform
- Networking opportunities within the international business community in
- Gain knowledge about the chamber and the Swedish business community in
- Valuable experience in event management, organizational management and
- A competitive compensation package
Areas of work
- Maintain and foster relationships with members and strategic partners
Produce and design various marketing and sales materials, e.g flyers, event
materials and newsletters
- Help plan and coordinate various events such as trade fairs, social events,
business networking and seminars
- Create creative and strategic content for the Chamber’s communication
channels, including all social media platforms
- Assisting with administrative work
An applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Swedish national citizenship
- Below 30 years of age
- Studying in, or having just completed a relevant university program in
for example business, engineering or politics (e.g. MBA, M.Sc.)
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Solid communication skills in Mandarin Chinese, both oral and written
- Full of initiative, fearless and ambitious
- High level of judgement and decisiveness in completing tasks
- Ability to work independently, good time management skills and an eye for details
- Has a genuine interest in representing Sweden and promoting business and trade between the two countries
- Is available between June 2023 and June 2024
In order to apply for this internship, please send an e-mail (in English) including a cover letter and CV to our CEO, Fredrik Boye at email@example.com. Please include a letter of motivation stating why you would be the best fit for the role.
If you have any questions regarding the internship role and what it entails, don’t hesitate to contact our current intern Ms. Sarah Nygård at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is March 15 2023. A scholarship from The Scholarship Fund for Swedish Youth Abroad will be granted the intern.
Hear from our former interns
Julia Bergström, Intern 2020/2021
As an intern at the Swedish Chamber of Commerce Taipei I have expanded my network and gained a deep understanding the Swedish business community here. While improving my Chinese, I’ve also improved my organizational skills, event management, leadership, budgeting and communications. Thanks to my inspiring and helpful manager and colleagues, the past six months have been fantastic; I feel like an integral part of the organization and have been able to realize new ideas. This internship is perfect for anyone interested in promoting Swedish business while experiencing the beauty of Taiwan!
Arvid Hansson, APAC Area Controller at SKF AB
As an intern at the SCCT, I got to know all parts of the organization and made connections with every part of the Swedish business community. Working in such an international setting was both challenging and fun, but most of all it was very rewarding. WIthin the chamber, I had plenty of opportunities to develop my own ideas and to find new ways to create member value. In hindsight, I have no doubt that the skills and experiences I gained throughout the year will remain valuable to me for the rest of my professional life. I would highly recommend anyone that is interested in kickstarting a career in Asia to apply for the internship – you won’t regret it!
Henrik Holm, Data Scientist at Ericsson
The SCCT internship was a great experience which has helped boost my career. Exciting job role, amazing colleagues, beautiful country. Not a day goes by without me missing Taiwan.
Victoria Cao, Sales Representative,
Global Technology Services at IBM
Matilda Guthartz Pålsson, SCCT Board Member
Doing an internship at the Chamber was a unique experience through which I gained insight into the Taiwan-Sweden trade relations, the market for Swedish companies in Taiwan, and also built lasting relationships with many members of the business community in Taiwan. Every day brought new and interesting challenges, offering opportunities for me to develop my skills and also develop as a person. I am very grateful for having had the opportunity to intern at SCCT working to promote the business environment for Swedish companies in Taiwan, and would strongly recommend it for anyone interested in Taiwan-Sweden relations looking to enter the local business community, it will definitely be a year you won’t forget!